Friday, November 28, 2008

Deja Vu Again

Lol... Guess what, I paid Mid Valley a visit... again. (Not again?!!!) But this time, no shopping was involved. Instead, I watched 'Twilight'. I had always wanted to watch it, considering all the hype over it. But, didn't see it coming that fast. It was all because of Cathy's remark about the movie that hasten the rate. But, I'm glad that I followed her advice - It was a decent movie. I wouldn't rate it that highly. But worth watching, I suppose. However, if you are anticipating a full-blow-to-blow action-packed film, you might just find this movie disappointing. It is a very romantic yet dark movie. It kinda reminds me of a Cantonese production called 'Twins Effect'. It was also about vampires and the love stories between them and the mortals. But, Twilight's vampires do not have fangs and pointed ears (haha...). I don't know - the Americans tag this film as the American version of 'Harry Potter'. But, I think the kids who are below 13 would prefer Harry Potter over this. To me, this movie is cooler than Potter without a shadow of a doubt. So, I can very well expect contradicting opinions on this movie.

Moving on, I have finally bought the book which I've been longing for months ago.

'Ugly' by Constance Briscoe. Haven't read it yet but will do so very soon.

No comments: