Sunday, November 23, 2008

Am I Being Pampered Too Much?

Haih, although I'm the eldest among my siblings (I have another younger bro), my father adores me more than my bro. Maybe because I'm a girl. Not trying to say that my papa is a bias leader of the family, but he seems to tolerate with my attitude, no matter how rude I am.


For instance, this morning, my bunny hopped out of the bucket which I put him in when I was washing his cage. I took him and put him back into the bucket and he got out of it again and again. I got so fed up because I had been spending almost an hour just to ensure his cage is squeaky clean. By the 3rd time of him running around my garden, I couldn't stand him anymore. He kept on running and stopped and run again when I was prepared to get hold of him. I shouted at him - "If you want to stay in there, stay in there for the rest of your life. I don't care about you anymore!!!". I got really angry and blasted into the living room. Both my father and my uncle saw the rage in me and asked me, what happened. I told them about the my mischievous pet and that he's still wandering around in the garden. And both of them went and caught Fye. But not without some sacrifice. My uncle got his arm scratched by Fye's strong hind leg and in fact, he nearly fell down the drain while he was trying to catch him. I didn't know about this until my father told me this afternoon. Now, good - I feel so guilty now.


Then, my mood got even worse. I was really hungry and thought of eating some of the cakes bought by my cousin yesterday night. My aunt took out all of them out and ate a little bit of all the cakes. I wasn't mad at her if she was just trying to taste the cakes but the grossest part was that she used the same fork on every cake and that fork has her and her daughter's saliva. The cakes now have all of their saliva. How eeeewwww that was. Seeing all the sharing saliva activity, I decided to not eat and just entered into my room with a manifest crossed face. But before retreating, I told them that, "I don't eat other people's saliva". Later, my father brought in a piece of cake, telling me not to worry because he has sliced off the contaminated area. Awh, how sweet of my father to do this!


But after all these circumstances, out of a sudden, I am starting to question myself if I have gone over the board with my hot-tempered actions. Have I been overly pampered by my family? I always thought I was doing the right things all the while. Perhaps, it's just because nobody has come up to me and tell me that I'm wrong, in my face.

Looks can be deceiving - Though Fye looks cute, look at how large those hind legs of his are. They are pretty lethal. I'm sorry, uncle!

No comments: