Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Liverpool Continues It's Triumphant Feat.... Again.

It was worthwhile waking up at 2.30 in the morning and stayed up till 4.45 am. And there's no other cause that could make me burn the midnight oil but, the football club I've always laid my faith on. Nope, not even academics can kick my butt off my comfy bed. Hehe... Steven Gerrard's double goals led LIVERPOOL to bag in 3 full points to kick start the UEFA Champions League, Group Stage. I'm particularly jubilant, not only because the football team I've fancied for 3 years has won convincingly, but also because they showed some promising sign that they can actually win both the Champions League and also the Premier League title. Their attack has been ruthless and sharp, defence has been rock solid, midfield has been productive. I mean, what else can you ask for?

One blemish though - the rotation policy. Don't know what the heck it is? Well, it refers to the strategy which different players feature in the starting line-up in different matches. Rafael Benitez (Liverpool's manager) has always been renowned for doing just that. Unfortunately, if he keeps on rotating the players, the players won't gel together. That explains the, at times sporadic performances from the team. It's been frustrating for approximately 2 seasons now. Hasn't he learnt his lesson? Nope, I don't think so. Besides his hallmark rotation policy, he is also notorious for being stubborn. He doesn't listen to others. God!!! So, if the club owners or the administration board of Liverpool FC are reading this, here's one piece of advice for you guys - SACK THE MANAGER!!! That's if you want to win those lucrative and ever-elusive titles.


My Fav Player - Steven Gerrard. Never mind the blondie behind him. Guys, I present you the entire family of Liverpudians. Oops, I'm not in it!

1 comment:

Enaj said...

ala..
somebody put Liverpool so high and mighty..

haha..
overall,your blogs are nice..
but i'm more attracted to the blog refering to SPM stress..

reminds me of the past..
haha..miss those times..
well,i guess the stress never ends huh?