Monday, April 27, 2009

The Best Outing Yet

We (Sylvea, Cathy, Jackie and me), the members of the Association of the Apes paid the Aquaria a visit in conjunction with the widely celebrated 'Earth Day' as one of the already many activities having been executed so far. And the aim of this trip is to educate ourselves regarding the very polluted sea in the world.... blah blah blah (seriously?). And the photos here are the proofs. We had ice-cream to kill the time due to the one hour early arrival at our destination.


Our nation's pride.


3 of the 4 apes. We were cam whoring in the toilet. Don't ask me why.


Woah, look at us - So 'yao yeng'. We are so prepared to fight the Japanese mobs (in reference to 'Shinjuku Incident'). But where is the chicken Daniel Wu?


Finding Nemo.


Doesn't this smile make your heart melt? He's a sting-ray by the way or rather, Cathy's version of Ikan Bakar. My brother couldn't figure out what this is.


Pretty.


Beauty.


This is my personal favourite. Nope, I have not caught on by Jackie's addiction to turtles but this picture is pretty akin to one of the scenes in 'Finding Nemo'.


The giant test tube fish (or so I would like to call it).


An albino. I have a crush on him. Shit, Fye must be really jealous of him now.


A wicked Tarantula who needs no introduction.


Tortoise.

Oh, and we even bought some souvenirs from the souvenir shop. I heard that Cathy is going to fetch more this Friday. And according to Jackie, the assistant was very rude to us. Anyway, thank you Cathy for the wedding ring!

The 20 ringgit was value for money after all. It was fun. I remember I was acting like a jakun when I saw this automatic carpet where you literally just stand on it and you are being transported across the aquarium. I was gasping so loud that the couple in front of me turned around to see what happened. Sylvea was chuckling at me. Well, it just kinda reminded me of the Twilight villains where they had this really cool sliding carpet to make them look like they're floating in the air or was it to make them look like they're speeding on the ground? Couldn't recall it. However, all in all, it was great fun. I relished every moment of it (well, not every. but most of them).

We were even given the chance to get a hold of the starfish, sting-ray, and a species of fish (couldn't quite remember the name of it). Then, there was this live fish feeding by the divers.



We had a blast at the A&W for lunch, where we were using codes like 'yau cha kuai' and 'ham chim peng' to avoid being arrested under ISA. It was so humorous.

Wanted to have a look at the KL scenery through the Sky Bridge. Unfortunately, we missed it. The tickets were all sold out.

For more pictures, feel free to browse through Sylvea's, Cathy's or/and Jackie's blogs.

And I'm not too sure whether you guys have already noticed this but I have associated a total of 3 movies to an event which has got nothing to do with anyone of them. Bizarre.

No comments: