Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's on Paper Doesn't Matter Even for a Bit

We won!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIVERPOOL WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am soooooooooooooo happy.

Cheers, mates! We did not defeat Manchester United, our age-old rivals. We DEMOLISHED them. Yahoo!!! We scored 4 brilliant goals and conceded just one (a penalty) at the Theatre of Dream. We shattered their home track and Christiano Ronaldo's personal record (where it states that whenever he scores at home, Man United are going to win the game). Well, hell NO! this time around. Not against us. So, suck that up all Man United fans.

I know Chelsea are going to be riling on this win considering they too are on the title hunt. But don't forget, you've still got us to defeat and you guys still have to come to our ground to play.

It was a very tensed up situation at home. See, both my father and brother are Man United fans with me being the only who is rooting for Liverpool and of course, my mother in a neutral position. I remember the conversation I had with my bro where he said, "Jie jie, please don't be offended if we scream when MU score ar". Oh well, guess who has the last laugh now huh? My father locked himself up in the room with only few minutes left. I guess he had already conceded defeat when we were 3 to 1 up. For the entire match, I did not dare to scream my lungs out when we scored. But deep down inside, I am delighted than ever.

I listened to the pundits and commentators tentatively. Before the match kicked off, they were predicting scores like 3-1, 2-1, 2-0... all in favour of Manchester United. Now, their comments changed 360 degrees, singing praises for Liverpool. They were all referring back to the previous statistics which are against us. We have never defeated MU at Old Trafford for decades and this is surely a good feeling. All I can say is that that's what makes football so special. I am on the same note with Andy Gray though - it changed nothing on Manchester United's title bid but it changed everything for us. We are still behind Man U, our faith and belief has renewed nonetheless, and we would never give up until the last match of the league, never.

And the kiss by Steven Gerrard locked on the camera screen provided awh.... the icing on the cake.


Look at these guys. Aren't they just so zealous in what they do?!

And I officially hate Wayne Rooney. His nasty comments are......pure rubbish. I'm sure he's eating his words right now.

No comments: