Friday, March 13, 2009

How a Lecturer's Comment Changed My Day

It was wet in the morning. I woke up thinking, this is such a sweet weather to sleep with. But I didn't get to continue with my nap. I had to reach college particularly early today to give a hand on Cathy's economics. I was soaked in wet and stepped into the college with a pair of really wet jeans and shoes. And my umbrella provided more trouble as it's so wet that the cleaning staff had to ask me to lift my stuffs up just so she can wipe the glass table.

The meeting with Cathy.... She was obviously distracted by her phone and the content in her phone in which I shall not divulge. She showed no sign of concentration and enthusiasm (who would anyway?) towards answering the questions. Don't take me wrongly - I am not lamenting but it's just an observation I would like to voice out.

Then, the classes - There was a time-test in the Public Law tutorial. I wrote very hastily and handed in. Up next, the contract tutorial. Lol... it was the most memorable class I have ever had so far. The tutor set up this sort of moot-court-like debate (a much remote version) and assigned a few of us to present the arguments our groups have compiled. I was one of the few and guess what, I was named as the best speaker (so bangga weih - take note though that it was just a mere mention by the lecturer, no prizes). My heart was flattered and my feet barely able to touch the ground. Nah, that was just an exaggeration. Don't take it seriously. Nevertheless, that remark was the perfect-tonic for my soaking-in-wet ordeal. From now onwards, I think I'll try to like that lecturer a bit more. For he is very passive and laid back that many students tend to bully him and the many students was on the verge of encompassing me too. But I'll try to get myself out of that category. I said 'try' not a guarantee, okay?

No comments: