Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cool Quote

" Autobiography loses it's lustre when everyone is doing it. "

- Patrick Stump (Fall Out Boy's lead singer)-

Yeah, I totally agree with him. I'm actually surprised that he could produce some meaningful quotes like that. Or, perhaps that's the only meaningful one coming out of his mouth.


I'm a proud owner of an autobiography - Steven Gerrard's. Well, I am a fan of him and dear, it took me quite some time looking for it. But, it was all worth it. At least, I think it was - He's the captain of the giant Liverpool and has inspired the entire squad to stardom. So, I guess it's safe to say he's worth reading about.



However while I was searching high and low for that book, I bumped into a couple of autobiographies of people (sportspeople) whom I don't think have the calibre or credit to publish books about their chronicles. Some examples would be Ashley Cole, Damien Duff, and et cetera. These are players who have got no credentials to brag about. I totally agree with a football pundit who said that players can publish their very own autobiographies only after they have retired. I mean, it's reasonable to perceive Tiger Woods, Michael Phelps, Roger Federer on the cover of their books. They are world record breakers, winners of countless titles and in short, legends. But, Ashley Cole?! Oh, come on!

Recently, I heard the news that Amber Chia has come out with an auto of her own. I don't know, I still don't think she's that great to actually pen down her story. Maybe, she's the only local model who can make it abroad and that's why people think she's a great character to analyse or, maybe I'm just jealous of her. Oh, whatever!

No comments: