Friday, June 1, 2012

Old and New.

I will be lying if I'd said I didn't miss those days. I do, all the time. I'm a grown up (I convinced myself that I am so) and so, I understand that it is an era I needed to leave behind in order to move on. For a better life? - I don't know about that though. But it will always be a strand of memory which I know was a life-changing one. There, I discovered friendship stripped of chivalry, my curiosity for the life out of comfort zone was ignited and I learnt that ambitions are like unbankable blank cheques until you fight your way through to get it signed and filled up. I learnt many things which I often dreamt about when I was younger are unreal, and the things I could only see on TV are actually kinda real, they do occur in a run-of-the-mill fashion.

When I'm down, either because the current life isn't treating me too well or because I couldn't get things moving, I choose to dwell on those moments. Then the remorse that I didn't do more, learn more and know more back then would overwhelm me. Because if I did, I wouldn't end up being like this today. Sometimes I just wish someone cared - about me. Sometimes I just wish I could end it so that a new life awaits me in the next cycle. Maybe I just need to get a new life.

No comments: