Monday, August 22, 2011

Esteem Redeemed (Continued).

So! The results were out and I scored ... Very thrilled with the sight of it on my computer screen, a far cry from how it looked last year, same time. I was contented with the evasion from having to revise and revisit the same thing all over. The scores could have been better, I reckon. It would have eased the intensity I couldn't help but to encounter the rest of this and next year. I was pleased with my result, not least to say. The mere thought of having to endure the devastation I was drowned into last year was a nightmare I feared would materialise one day and injected chills into my glands of fear. Failure would only magnify vulnerability in the weak. Only the strong, tough, passionate ones could turn that into a source of strength. But I am no strong, tough nor passionate. Neither am I smart (I used to arrogantly think I am), bright or intelligent. I am just a hardworker often left lurking, praying for outcomes worthy a compensation for the effort I invested in.

So, thank me that I could kick start the second half of the year on a decent note. Not a bright, sparkly one but a decent one.

No comments: